Achieving sustainable goals will require effective and innovative leadership and management of organizations in all sectors to integrate these development goals into strategic plans and operational activities in service. Effective leadership translates into prudent policy formulation and implementation, as well as good service delivery, to meet the needs and aspirations of the citizenry.
Sustainable Leaders Conference 2020 aims at bringing the best minds together for sustainability where 25 leaders from top companies come together to share their experiences, practices, and know-how on their strategies to be sustainable leaders. It is an opportunity for you to cross the boundaries of knowledge, share top-level expertise from those who have been successful, and learn from their experiences, to help shape the future of sustainability in your organizations. Participate in our panel discussions on:
1. Sustainable Leaders
2. Impact Investing and Measurement
3. Best Practice and Case Studies
4. Circular Economy
Welcome to Sustainable Leaders Conference 2020. We will be going live at 13:00 CEST, 2 Dec 2020 from Zurich. Please keep in touch with us throughout the day by using the ask questions to the host/moderator. Our technical team is there to help you through any technical problems or questions. Please use the technical assistance chatbox for your queries.
A couple of pieces of information that will help you make the most out of this platform:
eTrain will automatically import all filled in data from the SAMBA website. However, you can update your profile by clicking the “Profile Settings” button on the User Profile Menu.
You can register for the Sustainable Leaders Conference at https://www.swissmbas.com/event/details/sustainable-leaders-conference
If you are a SAMBA Member or already have a SAMBA account, login to your SAMBA account and book the event. If you are a guest, please click on “Register as Guest”.
Once you have registered on the SAMBA website, check your mail to get a link to the event page. You have to create an account on the eTrain platform. Please use a proper email address as this will be used to send important messages from eTrain and other participants. On the day of the event, you can simply click this link to go to the event page and click on the “Join Conference” button.
Other users will see your name, current position and company name. They will also be able to see your interests and goals for networking.
Click on the “Participants” button. You can scroll through all participants to see who is there. Click on to view their profile. Send them a mail or check their LinkedIn profiles if they have enabled this option.
If you are on the “Join Conference page”, you can check the participant profile and also set up a meeting with other participants.
1. If you want to setup a meeting with another participant, Click on
2. Click on the preferred date and time on the calendar
3. Enter details and send a meeting request
4. An email will be sent to the participant and s/he can accept or reject or propose a different meeting time.
5. Once they have responded, you will get an email with confirmation and a meeting link.
6. Click on the link for audio/ video call.
1. You will get an email from eTrain in the same email you have entered on the eTrain platform. Make sure to provide a valid email address that you use.
2. You can check in “My profile” under “Appointment Request”
💡 Make sure that you fill your profile details, profile picture and networking questions in detail to make your profile more interesting.
Go to “My Profile”, Profile setting and under general settings menu, you can enter your LinkedIn link. Make sure to save the changes.
You can check the agenda of the event by clicking the “Agendas” button. Click on specific topics of your interest to add to your calendar. A reminder will be sent to you for the chosen topics if you have synced your calendar on eTrain. You can select to see the agenda of the whole event or just choose “My Agendas” to see only those events that you have selected.
If you have skipped the sync calendar step during profile building, see below:
1. Go to “My Profile”, click “Calendar Settings”
2. Choose the calendar of your choice to sync.
💡 Make sure you sync all calendars you use for eTrain to optimally project your real availability. This will help you plan meetings better.
eTrain guarantees that the details from your calendar will only be used to project your “availability”. The calendar function only looks for free unallotted time so that other users can see when you are available for a meeting to propose a meeting time.
Other users will only be able to see “unavailable” when they check your calendar if you have other meetings or events. They won’t be able to see what is written in your calendar.
You need to sync your calendar on eTrain for it to display events in your calendar. Please check your “Calendar Settings” and sync it again to ensure that it is properly synced.
Click on the “Ask question to the moderator” widget on the bottom left. Select the host/moderator of your choice and enter your questions. Make sure you check that the question goes to the right moderator of the respective panels.
Click on the “Panels” tab inside the “Overview” menu. You can check details of all panels and their respective panelists and moderators.
No, your question will only be sent privately to the moderator that you have chosen. S/he can see your profile.
Dr. Marc-André Schauwecker, SAMBA President
Mr. Benjamin Teufel, Leader EYCarbon, EY Switzerland
Prof. J. Walls, Chair Sustainability Management, HSG
Moderator: Prof. J. Walls, Chair Sustainability Management, HSG
- Novartis, Chief Ethics, Risk & Compliance, Dr. K. Mossmayer
- UBS, COO P&C and UBS Region Switzerland, Ms. Karin Oertli
- Korn Ferry, Country Chairman CH, Mr. Stefan Steger
- Mercedes, CEO, Mr. Marc Langenbrinck
- Zurich Insurance, Chief Risk Officer, Mr. Peter Giger
Moderator: Dr. Marc-André Schauwecker, President, SAMBA
- Microsoft Switzerland, COO, Ms. Henriette Wendt
- Roger Federer Foundation, CEO, Dr. Janine Händel
- Schroders & Co Bank, CIO, Mr. Giovanni Leonardo
- BlackRock, CEO CH, Ms. Mirjam Staub-Bisang
- SwissRe, Head Sustainability, Mr. Reto Schnarwiler
Moderator: Mr. Stephan Geiger, ESG Lead Financial Services, EY Switzerland
- United Nations, Head Perception Change Project, Ms. Aziyadé Poltier-Mutal
- IKEA Group, Supervisory Board INGKA Holding, Ms. Luisa Delgado
- Baloise, Head Sustainability, Mr. Dominik Marbet
- SYZ Group, Managing Partner, Mr. Marc Syz
- Barry Callebaut, Chief Audit Executive, Mr. Markus Studhalter
- Credit Suisse, Head Public Affairs, Dr. Manuel Rybach
Moderator: Dr. Mark Veser, Head Climate Change and Sustainability Services, EY Switzerland
- Implenia, CFO, Mr. Marco Dirren
- Saint-Gobain, CEO, Mr. Michael Schumacher
- Holcim, CEO CH, Mr. Nick Traber
- WWF, CEO, Mr. Thomas Vellacott
- Hero Group, Group Sustainability Director, Ms. Christine Crosby
Get daily access to our fresh new courses and special offers.